Durham Community Foundation: Vivian Curl (Executive Director)
Family: Rhondda McNabb (wife); Cody McNabb (son)
Todd's minor hockey: Jeff Fitchett (played minor hockey with Todd; also worked with Todd at GMAC)
Canadian automotive finance industry: Jennifer Waugh (TD Auto Finance); Michael Wheller (Volkswagen Canada)
Minor hockey: Jack English (President, Ajax-Pickering Raiders); Paul Bigioni (coached '99 and '03 age groups with Todd)
High school community: Craig Nemis & Dan Prescott (Ajax High School)
Business community: Jim VanDusen (VanDusen Chevrolet Buick GMC; worked with Todd at GMAC); Steve Barry
Selection criteria includes:
- must be a student graduating from high school in Ajax or Pickering & entering first year of a post secondary education program the same calendar year *
- participation in minor hockey within the Ajax or Pickering community (i.e. Ajax Knights, Pickering Panthers, Ajax-Pickering Raiders, Durham Lightning) a minimum of 3 seasons **
- engagement in extracurricular activities
- active community involvement
Note: All applications for 2018 must be submitted via email (as detailed on the Application Form) by March 31st, 2018 at 5 pm EST.
Durham Community Foundation (DCF) will collect all applications and then the "Selection Committee" will review and determine the recipients to be honoured. The "Selection Committee" (see below) includes representatives from DCF, the McNabb family, Todd's minor hockey years, the Canadian automotive finance industry, the Ajax/Pickering minor hockey community, and the high school and business communities in Ajax.
The Scholarship funds will be paid by DCF directly to the respective post secondary institution of which the successful recipients are enrolled. The McNabb family would also like to publicly present the award at the appropriate high school commencement/graduation ceremonies.
* Immediate relatives of Todd McNabb, or relatives of members of the Selection Committee for that particular year, are not eligible to apply
** Participation in minor hockey during the year of application is not a requirement